Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The SeeMore PTM1 / Precision Tour Milled

My feelings about SeeMore putters should come as no surprise to my readers. After years of fooling around with this putter and that, seemingly ad infinitum, a humble FGP from a local used putter bin showed me the way to the hole. Since then, there's been no holding me back. Quite simply, with the FGP I make putts that I used to miss. After a while, a sense of confidence sets in and, since it's a confidence that's based on success, that confidence itself leads to more putts holed. My original FGP is a brass model from back in the day. It's a modest looking putter but its lines are clean and purposeful. The lack of adornment makes it easy to keep your eye off the putter itself and on the line of the putt.

The PTM1 shares the shape of the old FGP, and also starts as a casting, but its face, sole, bore and RST lines are CNC milled. It's relevant to note that the PTM1 is made from stainless steel rather than brass. This leads to different sound at impact anywhere on the head. The brass FGP is especially resonant on putts hit on the sweet spot while the PTM1 sounds slightly more muted.





You can see the results of the face milling are pretty slick looking. While everyone pretty much ignores the original FGP the PTM1 gets plenty of compliments. The face doesn't matter much to me, but I appreciate the new battleship gray powder coating on the top line and cavity of the putter. It keeps the PTM1 even more neutral looking than the original's black finish especially when the sun is very bright. SeeMore lets you custom order putters down to the half inch so I ordered my new PTM1 at 33.5" (my old FGP is 34") and it's perfect. You also have your choice of covers. Me? I'm a basic black with an American flag kind of guy!

Whenever anyone will stand next to me long enough to listen, I tell them about the SeeMore FGP and now the PTM1. I've never been an ambassador for anything, ever. In fact, for years I made my living reviewing products. Let's just call my reviewing style unbiased (even though some thin-skinned folks called it critical).

Look,  I'd be happy to be critical of SeeMore putters if I could but, if I'm honest, I can't. If more people used a SeeMore putter, they would make more putts.

I'm sure of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

About The Paul Cervantes Golf Reader