Tuesday, September 10, 2013

What's relevant in Golf Digest?

I don't know why I get Golf Digest. 

What I do know is that it will never stop coming. It was a charitable thing, as I recall. 

Oh well.

Anyway, month in and month out there are two relevant things in pretty much every issue. The first is My Shot (which is excellent this month) and What's in my bag?

This month, David Eger's My Shot retells the story of the Tiger Woods Dropgate incident with an interesting aside about the rules mastery (or lack of same) possessed by chairman of the Masters competition committee, Fred Ridley.

I never liked Eger much as a player, but he's willing to say what he believes so he has earned my respect. He'll earn even more if he manages to beat one of my least favorite Champions Tour players, Kenny Perry.

134 pages and about 8 that are worth reading? 

Seems fair to me...

The low point of every issue are the swing sequences. 

They are so static and rote as to be meaningless. 

Here's a great, numbingly dull quote about Billy Horschel that gets the feel across:

"A good look at setup: He stands in a balanced and athletic position."

Imagine a player on the PGA Tour with a good, athletic setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About The Paul Cervantes Golf Reader