Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Monte Scheinblum's Impact Handle

I have great respect for product development and even more respect for inventions, whether they're golf-related or not. 

Golf-related inventions have two instantaneous effects on me. 


First, they turn on the skeptical part of my brain. 


Second, they make me irrationally hopeful that some device could actually help me to suck less at golf. 


As my rocket-scientist friend used to say, "Not bloody likely!"


Monte Scheinblum has really great web cred and his videos are some of the best I've seen. Beyond that, he endows his teachings with a very genuine style or pitch, as I like to say. Teachers, of golf or whatever, are also salesmen so I am prone to relate to the style and quality of their presentation as their pitch.



Monte: Teeing it high & preparing to let it fly!
Anyway, Monte Scheinblum's pitch is refreshingly free of that tiresome preachiness that's become so common in golf instructional videos on the internet. Monte's is truly a no nonsense kind of guy, as evidenced by his shorts.

Comes now the inventor and his product, The Impact Handle. I have to admit it; the first time I saw this I was a little dismayed. It looked too simple, possibly bordering on simplistic. But, the more I thought about it, and watched the videos on the kickstarter website, the more I started to think Monte was really on to something special.


Proper impact position is the latest term of art for the kind of swing wherein the club head is delivered into the ball with the hand leading and the rotated well beyond their position at address. Instead of achieving this position, most players flip, arm swing and body stall their way to lousy ball striking. I can't tell you (yet) if the Impact Handle really works. I can tell you that it has my attention. You can also check out Monte's blog if you haven't already.


Best of luck, Monte!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About The Paul Cervantes Golf Reader